Veteran Nigerian singer, John Odafe Asiemo, popularly known as Daddy Showkey, has shared that he received death threats from individuals in government following his recent interview with media personality Daddy Freeze on Instagram Live.
During the interview, Daddy Showkey discussed the controversial death of rapper Mohbad, which occurred on September 12, 2023. He hinted at the possibility of more to Mohbad’s demise and suggested the involvement of influential figures in the music industry and society.
In a subsequent appearance on Daddy Freeze’s Instagram Live session, Daddy Showkey revealed that he had been facing threats to his life since his previous comments on Mohbad’s passing. He expressed his surprise at the intensity of the threats and disclosed that even people in government had contacted him.
He said, “Daddy Freeze, do you know after my last interview with you, I received a lot of death threats? Do you know after that interview, even people in government were threatening me? I told them that they should go and watch your interview, did I say anything wrong? And what I’m saying, I’m saying the truth. You would not believe what I went through. I did not sleep throughout that night. They were just threatening me. Daddy Freeze, I don’t know what you are going through with all these things you are doing o. Because the kind of threats that they threatened me, I come dey talk say what of you?.”
Daddy Showkey also expressed his concern for Daddy Freeze, acknowledging the challenges he might be facing due to his outspokenness and the nature of his interviews.
See the videos below:

